Eng Guo Miao
Overview of financial statements
- Key elements of financial statements
- Components of financial statements
- Applicable financial reporting standards
- Reporting timeline in Malaysia
Overview of accounting system and process
- Importance of effective accounting system and process
- Overview and types of accounting software
Sources of and raising business finance
- Type of financing for start up businesses
- Type of instruments
Cap table and fund raising
- Understanding the cap table
- Calculating share issue price and dilution and the cap table
- Valuation methods for Early-Stage Startup
Budgeting and financial projection
- Creating a Budget: Sales Forecasting, Expense Planning
- Preparing financial and cash flow projections and identify funding requirements
Interpreting financial statements
- Type of analysis techniques
- Ratio analysis
- The basics of financial management, including overview of financial statements
- How to read and interpret financial statements with ratio analysis to make informed business decisions and plan for growth.
- The importance of record-keeping and how to develop a accounting system that works for your business.
- The various sources of funding available to small businesses, including loans, equity financing, and crowdfunding.
- How to prepare capitalization table and set the issue price of new shares (pre and post money valuation)
- How to prepare financial projections and create a financial plan for your business
- How to manage cash flow effectively, including strategies for managing accounts receivable and accounts payable.
Whether you're a new entrepreneur looking to build a strong financial foundation for your business or an experienced small business owner looking to take your financial management skills to the next level, this course can provide you with the tools and strategies you need to succeed.