Incorporation Process of a Company
Incorporating your business means you are one step ahead to own the business of your dream. Here we will summarize the incorporation process that will help to give you a better understanding of the incorporation of your company.
Company's name application
To incorporate your company, a name reservation should be done and need to be approved by SSM (Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia).
A company’s name can be registered in two ways, which are direct incorporation or name reservation.
- Direct incorporation is a combination of name incorporation and incorporation process.
- Incorporation fees of RM 1,000.00 and the applicant should complete the application online.
- Once the proposed name has been approved, the application to incorporate your company will be processed.
- Name reservation is to submit the proposed company name to be approved by SSM while the incorporation process is to be done separately.
- The information for the company name should be done online by the applicant and a fee of RM 50.00 will be charged for each name reservation applied.
- Once the proposed name is approved, the company name will be reserved for 30 days to a maximum of 180 days from the date of approval. Then, with a fee of RM1,000.00, you can proceed with the registration process.
- Company name of your choice
- Status of a private or public company
- The proposed type of company
- The address of the registered office
- The business address
- A complete detail of director(s) and shareholder(s)
- Declaration from the director(s)
- Declaration of compliance (made by the individual who is responsible for the incorporation
Additional documents (if any) :
- A copy of the consent letter from the corporate body named as the member of the company/ relevant agency
- Copy of director’s qualification certificate
- A fee of RM 1,010 for a company limited by shares
- A fee of RM 3,000 for a company limited by guarantee
- Within 30 days after incorporation, a company secretary that is registered with SSM and with a valid practicing certificate shall be appointed by your company.
- If required, the company may file the constitution of the company after the incorporation.
Do check out our Company Incorporation Services here! Reach out to us for more information.
Note: You are also advised to acquire the necessary license/permit/approval from the relevant authorities before starting your business.